The key aspects of Tibetan Government in Exile’s (TGiE) mining policy are listed below.
TGiE calls on potential investors in Tibet to ensure:
- That projects have consulted local Tibetan people.
- That projects have fully investigated social, environmental and cultural impacts.
- That projects will benefit Tibetans.
- That the working language of any project is Tibetan.
- That projects do not deplete natural resources with little or no benefit to the Tibetan people.
- That projects do not facilitate the migration and settlement of non-Tibetans into Tibet.
- That projects do not transfer ownership of Tibetan land and resources to non-Tibetans.
- That projects do not facilitate large-scale, capital-intensive and commercial projects.